Click the boxes below to see if we have any vacancies
Victim Volunteer Advocate
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us, unfortunately we are not currently recruiting. Our next round will likely be taking place in May 2023 and we hope to hear from you then. Please check back here or the Northumbria Police website.
- Provide support via telephone and have face to face engagement with victims of crime – in their own home or in an agreed location.
- Be a listening ear and provide emotional support and care, based on the individual needs of victims.
- Liaise with our support officers to ensure the right support services are in place and provide updates regarding information shared, support provided and outcomes achieved.
- Provide support that may range from a one-off contact to support through the whole criminal justice system and beyond.
- Develop your knowledge of local and national services, utilising and contributing new organisations to the directory of services where appropriate.
- Carry out your role with a non-judgmental attitude, upholding our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy.
For further information please email VictimWitnessSupport@northumbria.police.uk
See more information and view our Candidate Privacy Notice and Staff Privacy Notice below